Careers – BURG Translations
We are much like a start-up but with a big advantage – 80 years of clients, team development and success. Your role will be to develop yourself professionally and contribute to growing the organization globally. It will include everything from socializing with strangers to learn if we can help them meet their business goals to coordinating multiple projects simultaneously with people around the world. Like any start-up environment, the work can be intense but also fun.
Role and Responsibilities
The Client Manager is responsible for managing a portfolio of accounts. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing clients
- Valuating projects
- Tracking, delivering, invoicing and following up with projects
- Managing a global team
Bringing in new business if applicable
Types at 70 words/minute, fluent in MS Word, ideally can work in Adobe Indesign, knowledge of industry tools.
Compensation & Benefits
- $42,000 per year
- 4.5% sales commission, if applicable, on new non-referral accounts for the first 2 years
- Approximately 1.25 – 2.5% in bonus on all invoiced projects performed depending on performance and relationship with client.
- 2016 Transportation reimbursement: Up to $255/month
- Mobile phone for work in case of client issues
- Laptop to work from home when needed
This is a part-time/internship role that is expected to become a full-time role when appropriate. The role of the Executive Assistant is to assist the CEO in running the company. The company had $2.7M in sales in 2016, is based in the Loop, has an office in Spain, has 9 full-time employees and about 200 freelance vendors around the world. We are much like a start-up but with a big advantage – 80 years of clients, team development and success. Your role will be to develop yourself professionally and contribute to growing the organization globally. It will include everything from bookkeeping and managing vendor relations to analyzing data to maximize revenue and creating marketing material. Like any start-up environment, the work can be intense but also fun. You will need to be a well-organized problem solver.
- Data entry 25%
- Data management 25%
- Data analysis 25%
- Data reporting 25%
Type at 70 words/minute, fluent in Microsoft Office, ideally can code.
Ideally 2 hour per day between 8:30am and 5pm. The hours will increase with availability.
To be a translator or editor for BURG Translations, we seek the following criteria:
- Specialize in one language pair
- Translate into your native language
- Have at least one college degree
- Have specialized training in one domain area, such as medicine, law, etc.
- Have 5 or more years of experience as a full-time professional freelance translator
- Use MemoQ or a TM that has a QA reporting feature to deliver QA reports with your translations
- Be willing to also be an editor
- Invoice in USD