Client Manager Job Description
We are much like a start-up but with a big advantage – 80 years of clients, team development and success. Your role will be to develop yourself professionally and contribute to growing the organization globally. It will include everything from socializing with strangers to learn if we can help them meet their business goals to coordinating multiple projects simultaneously with people around the world. Like any start-up environment, the work can be intense but also fun. We are looking for smart entrepreneurial-minded people that are willing to support in any capacity they can to help grow the business and develop themselves in the process.
- High achiever
- Team player
- Detail & results oriented
- Process driven
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communications skills in English
- Business-level proficiency in a foreign language
Role and Responsibilities
The Client Manager is responsible for managing a portfolio of accounts. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- “Cold calling” and socializing with prospective clients as needed
- Writing content for online publication
- Maintaining consistent contact with all assigned clients and companies to secure new projects
- Producing and presenting client proposals, quotations, status and budget reports as required
- Meeting with clients and companies on an as-needed basis
- Documenting all necessary information within BURG’s databases in a timely and accurate manner
- Receiving client requests with all necessary information exchanges
- Following up on account receivables when necessary
- Analyzing files for translation
- Providing accurate quotes
- Selecting appropriate use of technology and methodology
- Tracking, delivering, invoicing and following up with projects
- Following up on all assigned client projects to ensure their timely delivery and satisfaction
- Assessing future business potential with current clients
- Procuring, managing and negotiating with vendors
- Providing active support for language providers through reference materials, glossaries, formatting support, etc.
Other duties as assigned by the Production Manager and/or General Manager, including but not limited to, attending trade shows and careers fairs when necessary.
The metrics used to measure the Client Manager’s performance will be derived entirely from our performance review. These metrics may include, but are not limited to, the following categories: client focus, innovation, organization, execution, collaboration, and career development.
- CARE – Care about what you’re doing. All day, every day.
- THINK – Use this rule of thumb to make good judgement: Clients > Team > Individuals.
- CONTROL – Identify your goals for the day, have a system for consistently achieving those daily goals and document what you do in great detail. Document everything.
- DO – Act with urgency, speak up when you need help, stay positive and make it happen.
- SHARE – Share your feelings, opinions, and knowledge. Share your openness to be coachable. Embody the phrase, “you can count on me”.
- MASTER – Aim for mastery and never stop learning
Required Software Proficiency
MS Office, and DTP software.
Compensation & Benefits
- $40,000 per year
- 4.5% commission on new non-referral accounts for the first 2 years
- Approximately 1.25 – 2.5% sales in bonus on all completed projects performed conditional on performance review. The actual amount is dependent on the performance review results.
- Stipend and reimbursement:
- 2016 Healthcare stipend: $4000
- 2016 Transportation reimbursement: $255/month